Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

 

Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

Your dearest writer writing from the most beautiful place in Northern India.

This blog post captures the transition in the perspective of someone who travelled from a monotonous mechanical world (with 9–8 job) to a beautiful, serene hilly place where the only sound you could hear is bird chirps, cow’s moos, breeze-filled rains, and soft storms & absolute calmness.

For someone whose day starts amidst a chaotic environment with instructing an ever-shouting maid and grumpy cook, while trying to come to fullest sense even at 8 am in the morning, only to struggle and find her office stuff lost amidst a messy house; And somehow finally getting ready while still parallelly attending a 9 am meeting, and pushing the so-called breakfast down her throat, so she could get stuck and travel like a headless chicken amidst countless others in a scorching 38 deg weather with full on traffic, where she sweats endlessly to the extent that half her make up vanishes by the time she reaches office!!!! — I’ll allow you to take a breath as you finish reading this sentence that describes our regular lives.

Source: Unsplash

For someone whose day starts like this, almost meaningless, almost mechanical, almost following a pre-written algorithm of how to live a life, while trying to find whatever purpose is left, this vacation of mine to Dharamshala/ Dharamkot came like a blessing.

Nadi Village, Himachal Pradesh

Right now, at this moment, I’m sitting in front of snow-capped mountains, surrounded by lush green trees everywhere, where birds chirp endlessly and dogs come & sit next to you, neither scaring you nor getting scared by you. A place where oneness is defined, where you become something along with nature; where your morning starts with a long trek up the hills, and even that is tough, especially for someone who hasn’t worked out in ages. But that small trek every morning, trying to capture nature in its truest form, like wanting to look at your love, the moment she wakes up, those finest morning moments, the pearly droplets hanging down every leaflet, the damp road, the cool & serene environment, and chillness striking every single cell of yours despite the innumerable layers you have covered yourselves with, the slow walk along with friendly dogs & cows like we all are one and the same in the world. You do you, I will do me, and as long as our paths run parallel with no interruption, we have nothing to worry about.

And amidst this deafening silence, you will sometimes find a huge sense of void, an empty space inside, that crawls outta nowhere as you are not used to such a calm environment where you gotta do nothing but relax, chill, and enjoy. Your mind gets scared a little bit too. “ Oh, god, I’m not used to such a state, I need problems, I need pain, I need worry, I need to rant about how my life is going meaningless down the drain”. Coz without all that we haven’t defined ourselves who we are, beyond all that noise. And when we get that chance, we really don’t know what to do about it.

I guess beauty lies in understanding that void, that empty space, accepting it & trying to figure out what to do with it. I see innumerable no. of ppl, going for chakra healing, Reiki, energy healing, guided meditation, art journalling, hatha yoga, dance meditation, sunset watching, etc.

All these experiences I’m sure are set to understand & explore more of us, try to find joy within and outside while trying to find meaning in life. There is so much of us that is still left to explore, and there is a high chance we are just letting it go.

Makes me wonder, what are we doing while being on the other side of the world, other than running like headless chickens living the world like “we have been told to”. Who are we? What do we Love, what do we despise? Did we take a minute today to stop by and watch the sunset? Did we take a pause to greet the person who passed by? Did we call that friend to ask if she is doing ok? Did we or we didn’t?

Life is all about living and unfortunately, we are doing everything except that, lost in our deepest worries, and fears, of what might or might not happen.

Are we really doing justice to parts of ourselves that crave to explore beyond this mechanical world we are stuck in today? Are we feeding our souls just right? We might not have our answers until we put ourselves out there and know for ourselves what is that we are missing out.

I’m not much of a traveler myself, although innately I wish to be one. But this travel while it has just started is teaching me so many things, that life couldn’t. To not live in a cocoon, to not stay limited, to try, dare take that step you always wanted to and show yourselves how the world outside is so beautiful & how there are so many things out there that are still left to explore.

Well, I have just started my journey and I know I have so much to learn. I just hope I stay addicted to this part of my life enough to live life this way and not get lost in the usual.

Hoping to hear a lot of amazing stories from all your travel, 
 so I could stay pinned to this world that is finally making some sense.

With love,
Your N,
This time writing from a place far better than heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Painted My Hair Red...

HESITANT's LOVE