I Dont Overthink. I Just Think Without A Gap

Nothing is going on in my mind



The morning breeze was blowing on my face, and just like every other day, the intricately lined window blocked its passage, like soldiers blocking enemy army, and yet some found their way in. I pushed off my sheets and looked up. It was 7.05 am already. I grabbed a coffee before I could grab my brush, as the incident last night impacted my mind, more than anything would.  I tried to throw them off, when I sidled back the coffee and walked down the stairs to get ready for my college. Post pulling myself into a comfortable accouter, I slipped myself to my bike, as I started for college, and there it started, the musings. I crossed a guy sauntering in that hot weather. He was dressed in rags, his skin worn out, I wondered, “Is he a vagabond, why is his teeth red? Did he have pan? Why everybody here has pan? What do they find in it? And before I could finish my thought, a passerby, a fellow traveller spitted his pan onto my pant. I know it didn’t make me furious. Getting furious for pan spit, is like getting furious because a crow has shitted on you. It just so frequently happens in here. So frequently. You just have to wipe off and go. I reached my class little late and I stood there at door, knocking for almost5-6 times. She turned around, threw a reckless look & continued the class. That was very disrespectful. “Is she rude? How can she react like this? She should at least say Get out! Oh wait, there I mistake on my side too? Why did I leave late? Don’t I deserve this? ” And before another thought could find its way to my mind, I learnt she was screaming my name for like 4 times…Niveeedhithaa!!!!Niveeedhithaaa!!!!!!!! I shook myself to reality, “Yeaaaaa Mammmm!!” I gave her the sincerest of apologies and said if she wishes I would leave the class. That’s when she asked me to get in. I placed myself comfortably in the uncomfortable first row, and the whole first row gave me a damn look as if I had occupied their territory. Finance and accounting was running on board, but something else was running in my mind. “What happened to the series I was watching last night? What would have Claire done? Isn’t she awesome? She’s always. Much better than Frank Underwood. Oh wait, what other movies has Frank starred in? They said some American…” And before my mind could build further thoughts on, I stopped for a while, as people were screaming from the last row “Assets, Liabilities, and Earnings”

If my mind was a room, then the thoughts would be the cob web, fragile, yet strong enough to build more upon. Doesn’t matter how much is there already. You still have space for more.

So, I built them one by one, the web, so I could swing by them when I’m jaded by reality. One thought, and then you’d never know where you will land up next. 
That's the problem with over thinkers like me.
“H046…H046” she screamed my number to throw couple of questions. That’s when even being lost in class will still be obliterated coz somewhere in your Goddam way you pre-read those Harvard modules your college shared with you before course commencement. I did escape in a narrow manner and saved myself of an embarassment.

Three classes went by like flash, and I just had to drop myself to cafeteria to munch whatever I get. But nothing was scarier than queues there. It was as long as Nile, as crowded as Ranganathan Street, Chennai and as meddled as the cobweb of a dusty room


My friends crossed by, smiling and waving. “Isn’t her shoes awesome? What brand would that be? Does it really match with her dress? Wow, she has an adorable taste!!Doesn’t this look like one in Confessions of a shopaholic? Definitely Yes. Oh that girl in green scarf, how much she loves writing. OH man, I should also write” I took another bite of the vada pav pushing the masalas along with my thoughts.

I slipped fast in a lift and got myself ready to attend an important interview. There were multiple interviews scheduled for the committees of my college and I had to attend one at that point. I was rushing late and somehow reached there on time. I placed myseld in the seat provided . Having a panoramic view of the world around, my mind started to muse again, "Is this girl gonna make it, does her accoutre suit her? Is it gonna give her extra brownie points? Where would she have bought it? Oh wait, Which state is she from? And who is this guy next to her? Boy Friend? Brother? Dont they look alike?" Sshhh!!! The girl next to me Sshheed me as if I was thinking aloud and my thoughts had some sound attached that it really created a turmoil for her.

I was called in for the interview and to my control, I turned the overthinking part off for sometime. Because thinking builds a man, but overthinking? You will never know! I was focused on the interview and she asked me that goddamn question first 

“What’s going on in your mind?”

"Me? Nothing!! Really! Nothing is going on in my mind

A voice inside echoed, “If nothing is the new synonym of “Million things “


Comments

  1. Each line is class. Fortunate or unfortunate our thoughts don't have voices. We never know how people will digest "nothing" running in our mind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts :

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

When I Painted My Hair Red...

HESITANT's LOVE