Last Few Days of Bachelorhood

Warning : Phase reaching expiry period :)


Millions of butterflies fly in my tummy as I write this post with utmost happiness reminding myself of the last few days left in bachelorhood. A phase that wasn't spent chilling and hanging out with peers/friends in distant land but spent simply as precious time with most valuable people of life- Family. Parents, Siblings, Cousins, Niece, Nephew and a cute little one waiting to join us soon. The bliss of being with your family after ages and subconsciously migrating to the setup of joint family with your peepz. Well, that is a different kinda joy.

I've travelled to so many cities, states, had different journey but nothing was as rewarding and as reminiscing as time with your own fam jam. People & Experience that are just yours :

- Scolding from dad for mistakes you didn't do
- Unconditional love from mom which you wonder if you ever deserve
- Sisters with whom you get the once in a lifetime opportunity to live together all over again- fight, gossip and cook meals with, play games with, all that fun time that you can’t get elsewhere.
- And as a cherry on top of the cake, two little munchkins who love you a tonne that they keep sketching & coloring something and gift you whether you are sad, happy, doing nothing, doing lot. The kids who don’t fail to show up at your door every evening, "Chithiiiii, yoga time".... Chithi let's make cookies, let's make garlic bread... And the incessant fight- Who loves Chithi more, conclusion to which can never be arrived at... My two pillars, who were my steel at the toughest times of life...

And in this whole lockdown period, whether I was spending my lone time, or fam time, all I wanted was to get soon to the man of my life and start a beautiful life with him.

To love and be loved.
To care and be cared.
To have a little life of my own...
A small tiny world.

But today as I have only few more days left for the D-day I couldn’t quite come to terms with what all I'm going to miss.

- All the lazy mornings where I'd wake up late and still have mom's chai freshly made for me.

- All the evenings where Dad and I would randomly go for a leisurely walk in our street & park which was usually empty due to covid. 

 - All the times I'd sit with my sisters and talk about random girl stuff, work stuff, makeup, art, food and even share sisterly advises sometimes.

 -   And all the weekends where all of us in fam would huddle up in terrace with snacks, water, juice and chit chat about random things- family, funny incidents from childhood, what to cook next day, what Aunty told, uncle told, and the incessant teasing each other..

These days, these moments, these experiences, and these people... This is what bliss should feel like.
To be somewhere and to feel belonged..
To know you're truly loved and accepted.
To get lost in your own comfy nest even if it means meaningless drama at times.  

Few more days left for me to start a life of my own. One I was looking forward to, and now I'm there, mind can't start to calm itself for a million questions keep popping...

I'm getting someone special in my life...
But I'm also moving far away from other folks who mean a lot to me

How do I let one go, to have another...?
How do I...?

Is this how it's supposed to feel like?
Going away from what was yours to find out
What is going to be yours?

May be ...
May be not....
We'll figure out eventually..

#LOST #ONLY_TO_BE_FOUND_AGAIN\


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

When I Painted My Hair Red...

Love Marriage Vs. Arranged Marriage