When I Met Poetry





Poetry is the last medicine for bleeding souls.

And it heals you like a magic potion.


First time I had a taste of what masqueraded as love, 

First time my heart shattered to billion pieces

First time I learnt about the bittersweet reality called life, 

That's when I first encountered poetry.


And when I met poetry,

She came like a soothing quilt in freezing winter, 

A long awaited shade in a beautiful summer, 

And like the last leaf of autumn.

She came when I least expected her.


And she stayed, like true love.

Like a shoulder I can lean upon, 

Arms I could embrace,

And a soul I'd merge into.


And everytime I wrote

She didn't give me smile 

She gave me life.




Comments

  1. Nice one for sure. Indeed poetry is the last medicine for the bleeding souls (when it emerges straight from the bottom of one's heart). .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts :

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

When I Painted My Hair Red...

HESITANT's LOVE