A nice Friend



First Day of coll........

"Saranathan College Welcomes you......"


I read , as I walked past the board at the entrance of my college...

followed another board,
"Point 1 : College is like temple.
Respect your teachers
and your elders"
"Point 2 : Knowledge is power.
Use it or lose it"
"Point 3.........
"

I rememberd the lines said my coll senior , whom i met in counseling....
"Sara....?
It's good for it's rules
Bad for the same.."

former makes you feel secure
latter makes you miss the coll fun..........
Yet it' dint find it that bad....
Was a decent, one like every other coll you see under engg list....

Was a world different
Something different....
May be in the way ," we dont need Uniforms anymore"
or the way ,"We dont have those petty assignments or the home works"
like that of schools......
Whatever it's ...I had the same feeling as what i had , when i went to school for the first time when i was 3.....
a lil gal....a lovely lil gal....
I felt no big difference between that day and this day….
dad mom.....me...vehicle....
Only thing is cycle has changed to car.......
dad made that........
Hmmm……

“ID card mam” ,,,,,,,,
the security guy stopped me, as I crossed the boards and leaned for next step..
"Well….I'm a fresher.......Just Joining "
"Oh...Ok..Ok...You may go..." he showed the way to that long  deserted road….
We went around , took a U turn and reached the auditorium...., the place where function was supposed to begin......

We entered 2mins before it' wud actually start, And got a seat near another gal, who was just blinking like me....
dad mom took the seat behind........
She was in her blue-green salwar and a tiny pony…..
Her glasses gave me a feel like she is a studious gal or a nerd in the worst case…..
She realized me starring at her….as I lodged my eyes onto her for one full minute
"hey, I'm madu..." she smiled , as she gave her hands…
"Hey madu, this is nivi...Nice  meeting you..."I responded with a grin.

Her mom and dad was sitting next to her, I thought I’ll talk with them  too,,
But before that the function got started and we had to stand up for Tamil anthem…
She turned the other way as soon as our informal intro was over…..
Uhh…..I presumed her to be a “very silent “ gal
For she sat calm d’ring the entire function…
But she proved t  "A worst misconception.." as time passed by....

Gawd, Mercilessly , they took first half of the day , for chief guest speech, Principal speech......etc....
I kept looking the watch.... as more and more ppl from the stage entered and gave their speech....
"Err....What is this..."
What is going on…? Why don’t they think about our state
L ?
“I cant sit here for Long
L “ I kept my hands on head and closed the eyes….
"You feeling restless??" Madu, ma new friend asked me as she saw my edgy state
"Ya....It's too boring na?" I scratched my head as of what to do..and saw her
got a sheepish laugh from her……..
I turned the other way…..
Saw the ceiling above....trees outside....and dad's mobile......"
Kept turning here and there…
I turned around and noticed other folks....
they were so keen and zealous, Some were even noting down, stuffs…
"Yuck..." I tapped my head, “bad…..bad…..Wattta ppl “ . I sighed like I wanna go out..."
She was smiling... or rather laughing seeing my weird reactions..

Do you like making deals?
petty ones?
No…
try one…
“For E.g…………..” I overextended and looked at her face….
She gave a dirty look….
"Now what is your problem ??" she giggled as she reposted her question...
"Nothing ...this is place is ....."
"Sick?" she guessed……
"Ya too sick !!!"
No Problem...I’m there,,,, And I will always be there with you....
Will ensure,, u never get bored....in this sick arena...
Deal?
she showed her thumbs up....
I was like..."va….She is cooool,….. "
May be she is really that nice and sweer....
"Mysterious”, I am...
"Gregarious" she is...
yet...I believed that combo would work...
That cocktail, will rock out.....


I smiled and gave her my hands....
"You're so sweet..... Wish we'll be frnz like this ever in r life"
I said and gave tiny smile....

Her lips curved up, “Sure .We'll be" :) and winked....

And we heard the applause of the crowd , for the final addressing .......

"So, Thank you all of you for your presence...." the MCs corroborated the fact that the function got over...

"Thank god..It has finally come to an end....." we laughed as we clapped with the rest....

Giggling more...

I came out with dad mom......

"It was really informative....You heard that...?"dad asked

"No..I dint"

"They spoke of the college history "

"I dunno...I dint hear that...?"

"The statistics?"

"Did they make a mention?"

"Err...You heard nothing ????

“Nooooooooooo”I howled..


Then what you earned for the day???" asked dad furiously...

"A nice Friend..."

I smiled as I turned and waved hands to madu.....

The peppy gal.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Escaping the Mechanical Maze & Reconnecting with Nature at Dharamkot

When I Painted My Hair Red...

HESITANT's LOVE